Justine O’ LearyJOYFIT | Trainer
My love for fitness started with running. I competed in high school but was quickly humbled by my peers when I tried out for Memorial University cross country team. I spent two years training with the team without being fast enough to compete. After two years of dedicated training and adding a consistent and intentional strength training program to my routine, I made the team and in my final year was team captain. I know what it’s like to use discipline to make your fitness goals not just a dream but a reality. I know what its like to authentically live and promote a balanced life. You can find me strength training, doing yoga, or outside moving my body any chance I get. I live for the feel good endorphins!
- CSEP Certified Exercise Physiologist
- Master’s in public health
- Bachelor of Kinesiology (honors)
- Behm D.G., Lau R.J., O’Leary J.J., Rayner M., Burton E.A., Lavers L. The acute effects of unilateral static stretching on contralateral limb performance. Journal of Performance Health Research Accepted Feb 25, 2019
- Certified yoga and meditation teacher
- Working towards 500 hour applied yoga teacher certification
I have been working in the health and fitness industries for over ten years in both Newfoundland and Alberta. My focus is on supporting you in building a lifestyle that you can sustain for the long haul, and I have supported many clients in sustainability reaching their health goals. I truly believe that physical and mental health are intricately linked, and research also supports my belief! It is never too late or too early to start a strength routine and the benefits only increase incrementally with age. As an exercise physiologist I am qualified to work with people of all ages and with a wide range of co-morbidities.
My purpose in life is to be a light giver and to share my joy of movement and wellness knowledge with others. Allow me to empower you to create habits that will enhance your health for a lifetime!